Shimshal Pass Trek
|Open||Strenuous||4735 m||July-September||18 Days|
Shimshal Pass Trek is the most popular trek in the Shimshal valley to visit the main summer pastures of Shujerab and Shuwert. You can go up by one route and return by another. The Shimshal Pass is on the central Asian watershed.
This is 19 days Shimshal Pass Trek is the most popular trek in the Shimshal valley to visit the main summer pastures of Shujerab and Shuwert from Islamabad to Shimshall Pass and then back to Islamabad, allowing beginner to climber 3 or more summits around 6000m to climb from the Shimshal Pass, MungaligSar Peak 5931m (6050m) with ascent of 1480m and descent of 1480m in a day. One of the two other 5000m peaks are KuzSar and Zhui Sarwhich are also possible to climb in one day.
18 Days Itinerary (Shimshal Pass Trek):
Day 01: Arrival Islamabad
On arrival meet and assist at airport and then transfer to hotel. Overnight stay in hotel at Islamabad.
Day 02: Islamabad – Gilgit – Karimabad(By Air)
Early morning flight to Gilgit (flights are subject to weather) and then onward drive for Hunza, if unable to fly we will depart for Gilgit by road with overnight stay at Chilas. Overnight stay in hotel at Karimabad.
Day 03: Karimabad
After breakfast we will visit Baltit Fort, afterwards we will drive for half day excursion to Nagar valley. Overnight stay in hotel at Karimabad.
Day 04: Karimabad – Shimshal Village
In the morning, we will depart for Shimshal village, on arrival transfer to a local guest house if available otherwise will camp there. (Tent)
Day 05: Shimshal – Gharesar
Walk: 3-4 hours, Climb: 500m (Tent)
Day 06: Gharesar – Parieniben
Walk: 6-7 hours, descend 200m – climb 300m (Tent)
Day 07: Parieniben – ArbabParien
Walk: 3-4 hours, Climb: 300m (Tent)
Day 08: ArbabParien – Shuijerab
Walk: 4-5 hours, climb: 450m (Tent)
Day 09: Shuijerab – Shimshal Pass – Shuwert
Walk: 3-4 hours, Climb: 400m (Tent)
Day 10-11: Shuwert – Parieniben
Walk: 7-10 hours, descend: 1100m (Tent)
Day 12: Parieniben – Yarzeen
Walk: 5-7 hours, descend 800m, ascend: 1000m (Tent)
Day 13: Yarzeen – Zardgarben
Walk: 4-5 hours, climb: 800m (Tent)
Day 14: Zardgarben – Shimshal Village
Walk: 3-4 hours, descend: 1000m (Tent)
Day 15: Shimshal Village – Gilgit
After breakfast we will board on jeeps for Khunjerab Pass excursion and then we will drive down to Gilgit. On arrival transfer to hotel and check in.Overnight stay in hotel at Gilgit.
Day 16: Gilgit – Besham
Early morning drive for Besham, en route visit rock drawings at Shatial.On arrival transfer to hotel and check in.Overnight stay in hotel at Besham.
Day 17: Besham – Islamabad
Today we will leave for Islamabad; en route we will visit Taxila museum and the archaeological sites. On arrival transfer to hotel and check in.Overnight stay in hotel at Islamabad.
Day 18: Islamabad – Flight Out
We will be transferred to airport for flight back home. End of Shimshal Pass Trek
Package Price: Price would be quoted as per group size and services
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis.
- Breakfast and dinner while staying in hotels but all meals during Shimshal Pass Trek
- Air conditioned transport for city to city movements and 4×4 wheel drive (Jeeps) for the interior mountains.
- Domestic air tickets as per program.
- All kind of kitchen equipment including kitchen, mess and toilet tents along with tables and stools.
- Personal baggage up to 12.5kg during trek.
- All necessary gear including ice axe, crampon and safety rope.
- All entries, taxes and porterage, permit process and trekking fee (50 $ per person).
- English speaking tour guide.
- International air ticket, airport tax and excess weight.
- Personal sleeping bags and all other equipment of personal nature.
- Helicopter rescue service.
Terms & Conditions:
- Advance 10% payment to be made on tour confirmation.
- Advance 100% payment to be made minimum 15 days before tour start.
- Hotels may be changed, however any change will be on equivalent basis.
- Itinerary is subject to change due to weather or other forced majeure situations.
- The company will not be liable for any damage caused by forced majeure situations.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- No cancellation charges if tour is cancelled 15 days before the tour schedule.
- There will be 10% cancellation charges if tour is cancelled within 15 days of tour starting date.
- Company will give 100% refund if tour is cancelled on such a justified reason which is acceptable to the company.
- Early Booking Advantage: Special 5% discount if tour is booked 6 months before setting off Shimshal Pass Trek