K2 Base Camp Trek
|Restricted||Strenuous||5000 m||July-September||24 Days|
K2 base camp trek is the most popular trekking and mountaineering area in Pakistan and Concordia trek is known as the most spectacular trek of the world, the traditional expedition route to K-2 (second highest peak on earth). Eight of the world’s 30 highest peaks of the world stand around this magnificent trek. The apex of this incredible K2 base camp trek is Concordia one of the biggest piedmont glaciers of the world. Rows of needle spires, granite towers, shining glaciated mountains and snowy domes line the glacier, providing perhaps the greatest mountain scenery in the world. This is the center of the densest concentration of lofty peaks on earth. Some of these magnificent mountains in the Karakorum range are Masherbrum (25,600), Mustagh tower (23,690), K-2 (28,741), Broad Peak (26,400), Gasherbrum IV (26,810), SiaKangri (24,350) Golden Throne (23,989), Mitre Peak (19,718), Chogolisa (25,110) and Hidden Peak (26,470).
24 Days Itinerary (K2 Base Camp Trek)
Day 01: Arrival Islamabad
On arrival meet and assist at airport and then transfer to hotel. Overnight stay in hotel at Islamabad.
Day 02: Islamabad – Skardu (By Air)
Early morning flight to Skardu (flights are subject to weather), if unable to fly we will depart for Skardu by road with overnight stay at Chilas. Overnight stay in hotel at Skardu.
Day 03: Skardu
In case of flight has operated we will go for sightseeing tour of Skardu and in case no flight, the day will be used for over land travel from Chilas to Skardu (total drive is 22 – 24 hrs from Islamabad to Skardu). Overnight stay in hotel at Skardu.
Day 04: Skardu – Askole
After breakfast we will embark jeeps for a full day ride on a winding jeep trail to Askole – The last inhabitance on our way to the Great Glaciers. (Tent)
Day 05: Askole – Korophone
Today we will leave the last inhabited village of Askole. For the remaining portion of our journey we will rely on our local team who will carry our food and equipment and sustain our expedition. (Tent)
Day 06: Korophone – Jhula
Trek to the Dumurdo river cross at Jhula, (Jhula means wire Rope-Bridge supported by a wooden basket); now a days wooden bridge has been built to cross it. (Tent)
Day 07: Jhula – Paiju
We will resume trek along the BralduRiver to a green oasis under the shadows of Paiju Peak 6611 M. (Tent)
Day 08: Paiju – Rest Day
Rest & acclimatization day at Paiju.(Tent)
Day 09: Paiju – Urdukas
We will begin trek after an early breakfast. (Tent)
Day 10: Urdukas – Goro
A long walk on the icy Baltoro Glacier. (Tent)
Day 11: Goro – Concordia
After an early breakfast, we will resume a long walk on the Baltoro Glacier to a point called Concordia – a huge junction of Baltoro, Abruzzi & Godwin Austin Glaciers at 4000 meters.(Tent)
Day 12: Concordia – K2 Base Camp trek (Excursion)
Today we will trek to K2 base camp (4 hours up and 2 hours down), porters will rest at Concordia. (Tent)
Day 13: Concordia – Rest Day
This will be a free day at Concordia to explore the area. (Tents)
Day 15, 16, 17, 18, 19:Concordia – Askole
Trek down to Askole.
Day 20: Askole – Skardu
After breakfast we will embark jeeps for a full day ride on a winding jeep road to Skardu. Upon arrival transfer to hotel and check in.Overnight stay in hotel at Skardu.
Day 21: Skardu – Islamabad (By Air)
Early morning flight to Islamabad (flights are subject to weather), Up on arrival transfer to hotel in Islamabad/ Rawalpindi and check in. In the afternoon we will go for sightseeing tour of Islamabad and Rawalpindi. Overnight stay in hotel at Islamabad/ Rawalpindi.
*if unable to fly we will depart for Islamabad/ Rawalpindi by road with overnight stay at Chilas.
Day 22: Islamabad
We will take full day excursion to visit Taxila museum and sites, also visit Sikh Gurdwara (Panja Sahib). Overnight stay in hotel at Islamabad/ Rawalpindi.
*If we remain unable to fly on day 20 then this day will be used to transfer from Chilas to Islamabad by road which is about 14 hour’s drive.
Day 23: Islamabad – Rawalpindi
We will proceed for de-briefing at Ministry of Tourism in Islamabad. Afternoon city tour of Islamabad and Rawalpindi.
Day 24: Islamabad – Flight out
Transfer to airport for flight back home. End of K2 Base Camp Trek.
Package Price: Price would be quoted as per group size and services
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis.
- Breakfast and dinner while staying in hotels but all meals during k2 base camp trekking
- Air conditioned transport for city to city movements and 4×4 wheel drive (Jeeps) for the interior mountains.
- Domestic air tickets as per program.
- All kind of kitchen equipment including kitchen, mess and toilet tents along with tables and stools.
- Personal baggage up to 12.5kg during trek.
- All necessary gear including ice axe, crampon and safety rope.
- All entries, taxes and porterage, permit process and trekking fee (50 $ per person).
- English speaking tour guide.
- International air ticket, airport tax and excess weight.
- Personal sleeping bags and all other equipment of personal nature.
- Helicopter rescue service.
Terms & Conditions:
- Advance 10% payment to be made on tour confirmation.
- Advance 100% payment to be made minimum 15 days before tour start.
- Hotels may be changed, however any change will be on equivalent basis.
- Itinerary is subject to change due to weather or other forced majeure situations.
- The company will not be liable for any damage caused by forced majeure situations.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- No cancellation charges if tour is cancelled 15 days before the tour schedule.
- There will be 10% cancellation charges if tour is cancelled within 15 days of tour starting date.
- Company will give 100% refund if tour is cancelled on such a justified reason which is acceptable to the company.
- Early Booking Advantage: Special 5% discount if tour is booked 6 months before setting off to K2 base camp trek