Around Nanga Parbat Trek
|Open||Strenuous||5377 m||July-September||19 Days|
Around Nanga Parbat Trek is one of the most beautiful treks in the world. This huge mountain is not a single peak but a series of ridges culminating in an ice crest at 8125m – ranked 9th highest in the world and second in Pakistan after K-2 but the first in actual climbing in the world. The name Nanga Parbat is Kashmiri for ‘naked mountain’ because its high slopes are bare of vegetation. In Shina language (local), the mountain is called Deomir or Diamir meaning ‘mountain of the Gods’ a name derived from Devameru, the sacred mythical Mt Meru of Sanskrit cosmology.
Early disasters on Nanga Parbat gave it the nick-name Killer Mountain and second nick-name is German Peak because most of the Germans died during conquering this peak. The monster was finally conquered in 1953 by a joint Austrian-German expedition led by Herman Buhl who made the final ascent in a grueling 41 hour solo ordeal without oxygen.
19 Day Itinerary (Around Nanga Parbat Trek):
Day 01: Islamabad
After meet and assist at airport, we will be transferred to hotel and check in. Overnight stay in hotel at Islamabad.
Day 02: Islamabad – Chilas
After breakfast we will leave for Chilas (12-14 hours), en route also see rock drawings at Shatial. On arrival transfer to hotel and check in.Overnight stay in hotel at Chilas.
Day 03: Chilas – Tarashing
Today we will board on jeeps for Tarashing. (Tent)
Day 04: Tarashing – Bazhin (Base Camp)
Trek: 4-5 hours, climb 750m (Tent)
Day 05: Bazhin – Shaigiri
Trek: 4-5 hours, climb 100m (Tent)
Day 06: Shaigiri – Mazeno Pass (Base Camp)
Trek: 3-4 hours, climb 500m (Tent)
Day 07: Mazeno Base Camp – Mazeno High Camp
Trek: 5-6 hours, climb 600m, altitude 4800m (Tent)
Day 08: Mazeno High Camp – Upper Loiba
Trek: 7-9 hours, climb 600m, descend 900m, altitude 4500m (Tent)
Day 09: Upper Loiba – Loiba Meadows
Trek: 3-4 hours, descend 500m (Trek)
Day 10: Loiba Meadows – Kachal
Trek: 5-6 hours (Tent)
Day 11: Kachal – Zangal
Trek: 4-5 hours (Tent)
Day 12: Zangal – Juliper Pass
Trek: 6 hours, climb 900m (Tent)
Day 13: Juliper Pass – Fairy Meadows
Trek: 4 hours (Tent)
Day 14: Fairy Meadows – Karimabad (Hunza)
Today we will walk down to Tattovillage, from there we will board on jeeps up to Railkot bridge (KKH) and onward travelling with air-conditioned coach to Karimabad. On arrival transfer to hotel and check in.Overnight stay in hotel at Karimabad.
Day 15: Karimabad
After breakfast we will visit Baltit fort and later on we will proceed to Attabad Lake for cruise excursion (16 kms) alongside KKH. Overnight stay in hotel at Karimabad.
Day 16: Karimabad – Gilgit
After breakfast we will visit Baltit fort and later on we will proceed to Attabad Lake for cruise excursion (16 kms) alongside KKH. Afternoon, we will depart for Gilgit. Overnight stay in hotel at Gilgit.
Day 17: Gilgit – Besham
After breakfast we will depart for Besham. On arrival transfer to hotel and check in.Overnight stay in hotel at Besham.
Day 18: Besham – Islamabad/ Rawalpindi
Early morning we will depart for Islamabad, en route visit Taxila museum and the ruins. On arrival transfer to hotel and check in.Overnight stay in hotel at Islamabad.
Day 19: Islamabad – Flight Out
Transfer to airport for flight back home. End of Around Nanga Parbat trek
Package Price: Price would be quoted as per group size and services
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis.
- Breakfast and dinner while staying in hotels but all meals during trekking.
- Air conditioned transport for city to city movements and 4×4 wheel drive (Jeeps) for the interior mountains.
- Domestic air tickets as per program.
- All kind of kitchen equipment including kitchen, mess and toilet tents along with tables and stools.
- Personal baggage up to 12.5kg during around Nanga Parbat trek
- All necessary gear including ice axe, crampon and safety rope.
- All entries, taxes and porterage, permit process and trekking fee (50 $ per person).
- English speaking tour guide.
- International air ticket, airport tax and excess weight.
- Personal sleeping bags and all other equipment of personal nature.
- Helicopter rescue service.
Terms & Conditions:
- Advance 10% payment to be made on tour confirmation.
- Advance 100% payment to be made minimum 15 days before tour start.
- Hotels may be changed, however any change will be on equivalent basis.
- Itinerary is subject to change due to weather or other forced majeure situations.
- The company will not be liable for any damage caused by forced majeure situations.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- No cancellation charges if tour is cancelled 15 days before the tour schedule.
- There will be 10% cancellation charges if tour is cancelled within 15 days of tour starting date.
- Company will give 100% refund if tour is cancelled on such a justified reason which is acceptable to the company.
- Early Booking Advantage: Special 5% discount if tour is booked 6 months before setting off around Nanga Parbat trek